Safety may be reduced by inappropriately disabling DSC. In the majority of driving situations, and particularly on-road, it is recommended that you do not disable DSC.
In some driving conditions it may be appropriate to disable DSC to improve traction.
These conditions include: - Rocking the vehicle out of a hollow or deep rut.
- Pulling away in deep snow, or a loose surface.
- Driving through deep sand or mud.
- Driving along tracks with deep longitudinal ruts.
To disable DSC, press and briefly hold the DSC OFF switch. The DSC OFF warning lamp will illuminate continuously. The amber DSC OFF warning lamp in the instrument panel will also illuminate. Deactivating DSC also reduces the level of Electronic Traction Control intervention and may lead to an increase in wheel spin.
Selecting off-road height
Off-road height can be selected by pressing up on the raise/lower switch (1) at any speed up to 24 mph (40 km/h). If selected, and the speed exceeds 30 mph (50 km/h), a warning will appear in the ...
Rear climate control
1. Temperature control: Clockwise rotation increases the temperature. 2. Distribution control: Turn to the relevant icon to direct airflow. The control may be turned to a position between icons ...
Engine compartment overview
1. Brake fluid reservoir cap. 2. Engine oil filler cap. 3. Engine coolant filler cap. 4. Windshield washer fluid filler cap. 5. Power steering fluid filler cap. WARNING While working in ...